School Meals & Breakfast Club
Our school meals are provided by Taylor Shaw and costs £2.30 per day, which is payable in advance via ParentPay.
The menu runs on a 3 week rota and offers a variety of choice throughout the week, including daily vegetarian options, jacket potatoes and sandwiches. A selection of breads, salads and drinking water are available daily. Yogurt and fruit is available everyday as an alternative to desert.
We also run one-off special menu days and share these with you in advance in our weekly newsletters.
The school council also contribute to the menu by selecting a 'Children's Choice' menu every half term. We have had a whole range of menus provided this way, from hot dogs and burgers to a red-themed lunch for Valentine's day!
80% of the dishes are prepared using fresh, unprocessed ingredients. Please take a look and encourage your children to try some of the new dishes if they haven’t tried them before. Taylor Shaw can create a bespoke menu if your child has any specialist dietary requirements. Contact them on 0114 273 4767 for advice or the school office.
Free School Meals
If you feel that your child may be eligible for free school meals and drinking milk please follow this link for more information - free school meals.
The cost is £3 per day for a single child or £2 per day for siblings. Children will need a small amount of cash if they wish to purchase food from the kitchen (prices from 20p-£1.10).
If your child is entitled to free school meals and wants to attend breakfast club, please contact the school office for more information.
Children enter Breakfast Club via the main entrance to school to be registered before visiting the dining room.
Breakfast Club - How to Book
Families need to book, and pay, for Breakfast Club, in advance, via ParentPay. See below for booking guidelines.
1) Click here and log on to ParentPay in the usual way.
2) Locate your child’s name and click on pay for other items.
3) At the side of the Breakfast Club description click on view.
4) A pop up box will appear. In the bottom left hand corner click on make bookings.
IMPORTANT - If you are making a booking for a single child select Breakfast Club Pupil Rate (£3) in the drop down box.
If you are making a booking for siblings select Breakfast Club Sibling Rate from the drop down box (£2 per child, £4 in total). Please remember to book each child in separately by completing the booking process for each child.
5) After selecting the correct rate click make or view bookings
6) Select the W/C date and highlight book a session under the days that your child will be attending. If you click a day in error click clear day to undo it. You can book well in advance if you wish to.
7) Once you have finished booking, scroll to the bottom of the page and click confirm bookings. This will then take you to the payment screen to complete the process. If payment is not made within 2 hours the booking is automatically cancelled.
Bookings need to be made and paid for in advance by midnight the day before your child will be attending Breakfast Club. A grace period of 1 week will be allowed. Non-payment will result in your child not being able to attend Breakfast Club.